During E3, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition had an open beta test. The results were pretty impressive according to a blog post “Hundreds of thousands of you answered the call, logging over a million matches in a week. The most dedicated players played dozens of matches – one of you even finished over 500 games!”
The Coalition went on to describe a list of fixes that will be made thanks to player feedback. The list is apparently a summary and not the full detailed list of fixes.
- Multiple fixes and tuning for the Gnasher Shotgun
- Multiple fixes for Frag Grenades, Boomshot, and Torque Bow
- Tuning for footstep audio and other sounds around a player
- King of the Hill improvements, including ability for The Coalition to adjust more settings for competitive play
- Removed active down from Active Reloaded Longshot sniper rifle and added/tuned active bonus for sniper bloom/aim
- Bug fixes and tuning for skill-based matchmaking
- Tuned red/blue colours for team shaders (Locust/COG)
- Improved look of blood and gore in gameplay
- Improved game performance to reduce screen tearing
- Bug fixes and tuning for Controller Sensitivity Settings
- Various bug fixes on maps, weapons, matchmaking, audio, and controls
The Gears of War: Ultimate Edition will launch on August 25th, 2015.