Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands received a pretty huge 8.8 GB update this morning, and part of it was the brand, new Tier 1 mode. It’s specifically geared for end game content while offering new challenges for players after hitting the level 30 cap.
You’ll need to activate Tier 1 thorough a menu, and doing so will give you an additional health bar. It will begin at level 50, then increase downward until you reach Tier 1. After all, Tier 1 operatives are the best of the best so it’s only natural it’s the highest level. Every five levels you advance creates tougher enemies who take more damage and are more apt to detect you. The ability to counteract this will be through upgrading your weapons with special loot found in the challenges or the mobile companion app.
If a group has players with variable groups of Tier levels, or even if they have yet to activate it at all, the game will simply split the difference for enemy difficulty. For example, if you have four players split with two at Tier 1 and two at Tier 50, then the group will end up fighting enemies at level 25. The best part about this new mode is that you can turn it on and off at will. If a player in your group finds it too tough, simply turn it off for the mission then back on once you’re done. Personally, I’d go with the “Buck up, Buttercup” approach, but that’s just me. You can also lock in your progress and remain at a given level for however long you choose.
The entire list of patch notes is below, and includes mostly minor bug fixes. The trailer at the bottom of the page gives a brief overview of the new Tier 1 mode, which is available now on Xbox One as part of the free update.
– The reason for detection is now displayed above the mini-map.
– Fixed a bug where the player could not use the drone or the binoculars after using the medic drone to heal.
– Fixed a bug where vehicles would take low damage when shot from a long distance.
– Corrected a bug where the Stoner LMG folded buttstock would be described with an incorrect location in the loadout.
-Corrected a bug where Whisper pistol had no silencer and would alarm NPCs if players used it.
– An unusual noise was heard near a ruined hut…
– Fixed a bug where the M9 handgun would sound the same with or without a suppressor.
– Fixed a bug where the follower icon could be missing when in the tacmap.
– Fixed a bug where the player would be detected by NPCs when shooting at long distance with a crossbow.
– Fixed a bug where excessive lighting would occur in certain weather types in the Fallen Ghosts expansion when the Enhanced Godrays option was enabled.
– Fixed a bug where selecting the Left Handed Mouse option would display the right click for fast travel on the tacmap instead of the left click.
– Fixed a bug where an Xbox One controller would lose input if the controller was disconnected while the game was unfocused.,
– Fixed a bug where the mouse click was not displayed for the Skills shortcut in the Command Wheel.
– Fixed a bug where a pop-up related to Easy Anti Cheat would be displayed at every game start if the User Account Control feature was enabled in Windows.*
– Fixed a bug where rapidly closing NVIDIA Ansel after it was open caused the game to run at 1 frame per second.